April 1, 2023
We will be creating a multi-layered pendant, using sterling silver and copper, and then setting a round stone. All tools, instruction and materials included in cost of workshop. Beginners welcome.
Workshop 46.8 degrees North. 40 S 2nd St. #105 in Bayfield, WI.
If you are driving North on HWY 13, come all the way in to Bayfield and take a right on ManyPenny Ave (Blue Tourist Information sign). Drive 4 blocks down (you’ll see the Lake ahead) and take a right on 2nd Street to park. If you need closer parking due to different abilities, please contact us. (View Map)
Provided by Chef Lars of Cooking with Lars. And (WOW!), are you in for a treat. Please let us know if you have any food allergies or special food considerations so we can pass that information along to him.
There will also be a tea kettle and complimentary assorted RISHI teas available throughout the day as well as sparkling botanicals available for purchase.
JEWELRY SKILLS COVERED
- Butane or oxy-propane torch safety and use in jewelry applications
- Use of hand tools and rotary tool (flex shaft)
- Use of hammers and metal stamps to texture metal
- Soldering safety and fun
- Use of sandpaper, liver of sulfur and metal files for finish work
- Create bezel for round cabochons
- Use of jeweler’s saw and piercing
THINGS TO BRING WITH YOU:
- Enthusiasm and patience (remember you will be learning a billion new and fun skills for the first time—enjoy the moment and BREATH)
- 100% cotton apron (I will also have some to borrow)
- Close-toed studio shoes to wear during workshop. Studio space is very slippery with wet shoes so we recommend leaving those at the door.
- Reading glasses or magnifiers
- Headband, clip or holder to keep your hair back when soldering
- Your own hand tools, drilling station, soldering station, etc if you wish (a lot of people prefer to use their own; I know I do!)
- Notebook and pen/pencil to jot down important ideas, thoughts, etc.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY:
- 25% of fee is considered non-refundable in cases of withdrawal for all students up to 60 days before the workshop. In other words, think carefully before reserving your spot!
- Course fee is non-refundable within 45 days of the workshop unless I am able to fill the student’s spot, in which case the 25% fee still applies.
- If I cancel a workshop, then 100% of your fee will be reimbursed.
- Extra events planned within workshop are nonrefundable.
- By signing-up and paying for class, we assume you agree to the cancellation policy listed on our website.
[email protected], call the gallery 715-913-0256 or my cell 414-550-7015
There are no reviews yet.