April 22-23, 2023
8:30am-4:30 pm (Daily)
In this 2-day workshop (8:30a.m.-4:30p.m. each day) you will learn the basics of metalsmithing while creating a Lake Superior agate pendant and ring. No experience is necessary. All levels of jewelry makers are welcome. All tools, instruction, and materials are included in the cost of workshop.
Pendant: In your material bag, you will receive a 1 x 1.5” piece of sheet metal which will become the back of your first piece. I will have a box of cabochons (flat backed stone) available for you to choose from.You are welcome to bring your own if you wish, as long as it is round or oval (no sharp edges or free form shapes) and fits within the sheet metal I provide.
Ring: Use a free form stones for your ring piece and add a 4mm semi-precious stone.
Workshop 46.8 degrees North. 40 S 2nd St. #105 in Bayfield, WI.If you are driving North on HWY 13, come all the way into Bayfield and take a right on Manypenny Ave (Blue Tourist Information sign). Drive 4 blocks down (you’ll see the Lake ahead) and take a right on 2nd Street to park. If you need closer parking due to different abilities, please contact us. (View Map)
Provided by Chef Lars of Cooking with Lars. And (WOW!), are you in for a treat. Please let us know if you have any food allergies or special food considerations so we can pass that information along to him.
There will also be a tea kettle and complimentary assorted Rishi teas available throughout the day as well as sparkling botanicals available for purchase.
JEWELRY SKILLS COVERED:
- Butane torch safety and use in jewelry applications
- Use of hand tools and rotary tool (flex shaft)
- Use of hammers, rolling mill and metal stamps to texture metal
- Soldering safety and fun
- Use of sandpaper, buffing machine, liver of sulfur and metal files for finish work
- Create ring shank, wrapped loops, earring wires and head pins
- Create bezel for round and free form cabochons
- Use of jeweler’s saw and piercing
ITEMS AND IDEAS TO BRING WITH YOU:
- Enthusiasm and patience (remember you will be learning a billion new and fun skills for the first time—enjoy the moment and BREATH)
- 100% cotton apron (I will also have some to borrow)
- Close-toed shoes
- Reading glasses or magnifiers
- Headband, clip or holder to keep your hair back when soldering
- Your own hand tools, drilling station, soldering station, etc if you wish (a lot of people prefer to use their own; I know I do!)
- Notebook and pen/pencil to jot down important ideas, thoughts, etc.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY:
- 25% of fee is considered non-refundable in cases of withdrawal for all students up to 60 days before the workshop. In other words, think carefully before reserving your spot!
- Course fee is non-refundable within 45 days of the workshop unless I am able to fill the student’s spot, in which case the 25% fee still applies.
- If I cancel a workshop, then 100% of your fee will be reimbursed.
- Extra events planned within workshop are nonrefundable.
- By signing-up and paying for class, we assume you agree to the cancellation policy listed on our website.
[email protected], call the gallery 715-913-0256 or my cell 414-550-7015
There are no reviews yet.