WHEN: Nov 12 2022
TIME: 9:00-4:30 pm
INSRUCTOR: Lissa Flemming
MAX class size: 8
No experience necessary – all levels of jewelry makers welcome.
All tools, instruction and materials included in cost of workshop.
**COVID-19 vaccines plus booster shots required for all staff and participants.
Butane torch safety and use in jewelry applications
Use of hand tools and rotary tool (flex shaft)
Use of hammers and metal stamps to texture metal
Soldering safety and fun
Use of sandpaper, liver of sulfur and metal files for finish work
Create wrapped loop and head pin
Create bezel for round and oval cabochons
STONE YOU ARE SETTING
Pendant: In your material bag, you will receive a 1 x 1.5” piece of sheet metal which will become the back of your first piece. I will have a box of cabochons (flat backed stone) available for you to choose from. You are welcome to bring your own if you wish, as long as it is round or oval (no sharp edges or free form shapes) and fits within the sheet metal I provide.
ITEMS AND IDEAS TO BRING WITH YOU:
• Enthusiasm and patience (Remember, you will be learning a billion new and fun skills for the first time—enjoy the moment and BREATHE.)
• 100% cotton apron (I will also have some to borrow)
• Close-toed shoes
• Reading glasses or magnifiers
• Headband, clip or holder to keep your hair back when soldering
• Your own hand tools, drilling station, soldering station, etc if you wish (a lot of people prefer to use their own; I know I do!)
• Notebook and pen/pencil to jot down important ideas, thoughts, etc.
LUNCH is provided by Chef Lars of Cooking with Lars. And (WOW!), are you in for a treat. Please let us know if you have any food allergies or special food considerations so we can pass that information along to him. There will also be a tea kettle and complimentary assorted RISHI teas available throughout the day as well as sparkling botanicals available for purchase.