WHEN: Saturday April 2 2022.
TIME: 5:30-8 pm
LOCATION: Workshop 46.8 degrees North. 40 S 2nd St. #105 in Bayfield, WI. If you are driving North on HWY 13, come all the way in to Bayfield and take a right on ManyPenny Ave (Blue Tourist Information sign). Drive 4 blocks down (you’ll see the Lake ahead) and take a right on 2nd Street to park. If you need closer parking due to different abilities, please contact us. (map link)
INSTRUCTORS: Sara Adams, assisted by Lissa Flemming
MAX class size: 8
No experience necessary – all levels of jewelry makers welcome.
All tools and materials included in cost of workshop.
**COVID-19 vaccines plus booster shots required for all staff and participants.
- Learn the 3 main types of wire wrapping techniques (Briolette, Open Loop, and Wrapped Loop)
- Learn the difference between eye pins and head pins along with their applications
- Create your own ear wires using pliers and hammers
- Identify bead styles that work best for earrings
- Learn about different wire gauges and their uses
ITEMS AND IDEAS TO BRING WITH YOU
• Enthusiasm and patience (remember you will be learning a billion new and fun skills for the first time—enjoy the moment and BREATH)
• 100% cotton apron (I will also have some to borrow)
• Close-toed shoes
• Reading glasses or magnifiers
• Headband, clip or holder to keep your hair back when soldering
• Your own hand tools, drilling station, soldering station, etc if you wish (a lot of people prefer to use their own; I know I do!)
• Notebook and pen/pencil to jot down important ideas, thoughts, etc.
HYDRATION: There will be a tea kettle and complimentary assorted RISHI teas available throughout the day as well as sparkling botanicals available for purchase.
CANCELLATION POLICY: By signing-up and paying for class, we assume you agree to the cancellation policy listed on our website.
Inquiries: [email protected]