WHEN: Sunday June 12 2022.
TIME: 9:30-1:30 pm
SPECIAL GUEST: Melanie Lieb. “I am a multi-dimensional fine artist. I like to say I was born with markers in my hands because my father, who was a cartoonist, started buying me markers when I was about three (mostly so I wouldn’t ruin his!) and from there my life as an artist began. I have been working in the arts and creative fields ever since.
I work in a multitude of media, from painting and drawing, to sculpture and installation, to jewelry design and fabrication. I went on to study at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, and the Milwaukee Institute to Art and Design where I focused mainly on 2D arts and some sculpture. As a professional I have worked in fine art framing, floral design and teaching as well as running my own jewelry business, Nucleus Jewelry. Over the years I have been represented at many galleries and collectives with my conceptual fine art and installations, and I have been involved in projects with a wide variety of community arts organizations.
I am originally from the Chicago area but have lived in many places and I have now landed in Duluth where I hope to become integrated with the arts community and share my knowledge with the public.”
INSRUCTOR: Melanie Lieb
MAX class size: 6-8
This workshop is for beginners or anyone who’d like to learn something new. You’ll go home with a charm or two and possbilty some earrings. Let’s get creative.
All tools, instruction and materials included in cost of workshop. Extra copper blanks available for purchase during workshop.
**COVID-19 vaccines plus booster shots required for all staff and participants.**
ITEMS AND IDEAS TO BRING WITH YOU
• Enthusiasm and patience (remember you will be learning a billion new and fun skills for the first time—enjoy the moment and BREATH)
• 100% cotton apron (I will also have some to borrow)
• Close-toed shoes
• Reading glasses or magnifiers
• Headband, clip or holder to keep your hair back when using the torch.
• Your own hand tools, drilling station, soldering station, etc if you wish (a lot of people prefer to use their own; I know I do!)
• Notebook and pen/pencil to jot down important ideas, thoughts, etc.
I’ll have a few snacks available during class and there will be a tea kettle and complimentary assorted RISHI teas available throughout the day as well as sparkling botanicals available for purchase.