WHEN: Feb 5 2023
TIME: 9:00-4:00 pm
CLASS: You’ll learn how to texture, stamp, mold and shape metal clay to create a beautiful pendant, earrings and a few small charms. This clay is magical- and you’ll end up with beautiful find silver jewelry that you made yourself!
INSRUCTOR: Lissa Flemming
MAX class size: 8
No experience necessary – all levels of jewelry makers welcome.
All tools, instruction and materials included in cost of workshop.
**COVID-19 vaccines required for all staff and participants.
Use of hand tools specifically for metal clay
Use of textures, stamps and found objects for texture
Use of sandpaper, liver of sulfur and metal files for finish work
Create wrapped loop and head pin to add embellishments
Make your own earring wires and jump rings from sterling wire to add a bit more bling to your pieces!
ITEMS AND IDEAS TO BRING WITH YOU:
• Enthusiasm and patience (Remember, you will be learning a billion new and fun skills for the first time—enjoy the moment and BREATHE.)
• 100% cotton apron (I will also have some to borrow)
• Close-toed shoes
• Reading glasses or magnifiers
• Headband, clip or holder to keep your hair back when soldering
• Your own hand tools, drilling station, soldering station, etc if you wish (a lot of people prefer to use their own; I know I do!)
• Notebook and pen/pencil to jot down important ideas, thoughts, etc.
Gourmet LUNCH is provided by Chef Lars of Cooking with Lars. And (WOW!), are you in for a treat. Please let us know if you have any food allergies or special food considerations so we can pass that information along to him. There will also be a tea kettle and complimentary assorted RISHI teas available throughout the day as well as sparkling botanicals available for purchase.