April 6, 2023
You’ll learn how to texture, stamp, mold and shape metal clay to create a beautiful pendant, earrings and a few small charms. This clay is magical- and you’ll end up with beautiful find silver jewelry that you made yourself! No experience necessary – all levels of jewelry makers welcome. All tools, instruction and materials included in cost of workshop.
Workshop 46.8 degrees North. 40 S 2nd St. #105 in Bayfield, WI.If you are driving North on HWY 13, come all the way into Bayfield and take a right on Manypenny Ave (Blue Tourist Information sign). Drive 4 blocks down (you’ll see the Lake ahead) and take a right on 2nd Street to park. If you need closer parking due to different abilities, please contact us. (View Map)
- Kiln use
- Use of hand tools specifically for metal clay
- Use of textures, stamps and found objects for texture
- Use of sandpaper, liver of sulfur and metal files for finish work
- Create wrapped loop and head pin to add embellishments
- Make your own earring wires and jump rings from sterling wire to add a bit more bling to your pieces!
ITEMS AND IDEAS TO BRING WITH YOU:
- Enthusiasm and patience (Remember, you will be learning a billion new and fun skills for the first time—enjoy the moment and BREATHE.)
- 100% cotton apron (I will also have some to borrow)
- Close-toed shoes
- Reading glasses or magnifiers
- Headband, clip or holder to keep your hair back when soldering
- Your own hand tools, drilling station, soldering station, etc if you wish (a lot of people prefer to use their own; I know I do!)
- Notebook and pen/pencil to jot down important ideas, thoughts, etc.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION POLICY:
- 25% of fee is considered non-refundable in cases of withdrawal for all students up to 60 days before the workshop. In other words, think carefully before reserving your spot!
- Course fee is non-refundable within 45 days of the workshop unless I am able to fill the student’s spot, in which case the 25% fee still applies.
- If I cancel a workshop, then 100% of your fee will be reimbursed.
- Extra events planned within workshop are nonrefundable.
- By signing-up and paying for class, we assume you agree to the cancellation policy listed on our website.
[email protected], call the gallery 715-913-0256 or my cell 414-550-7015
There are no reviews yet.